Friday, October 19, 2007

American What????

So I went to karaoke last night with a friend... Now if anyone knows me they know I LOVE TO SING... It's my thing.... Heaven forbid you get into my car because either you will have to deal with me singing to every single song on the radio (whether or not I know all the words, I know how to improvise) OR you miles well bring ear plugs.... What? I am not going to stop my normal habits so you can sing in the car too LOL... Oh yes which brings me to another thing, don't sing over me. It annoys me when I can't hear myself... If I don't let my 7 yr old sing with me when singing Jesus Loves Me then why would I let you?

So back to karaoke.... So if you are my friend you also know that I really want to go on American Idol (almost tried out this year as well but couldn't take off of work). So I get up there and the first song I do is Give Me One Good Reason by Tracy Chapman. Which I will say myself I sing pretty well. I even got lots of claps :) I wasn't even that nervous for some reason :).... Complete 180 on the second song. I was so pumped to do this song and the second it starts I start to choke... Not literal (like choking on food) but I SUCK MAN... I love this song, I NAIL this song at home. I have even been told at times that I can sound just like her (of course if you have watched American idol you will notice apparently some friends DO lie...) but taking that into consideration, and then ignoring it... Say my friends are right.... So picture this....

I am standing on stage, with this little black chair next to me I use to brace me... I start to sing and at first I am thinking man I hate the mic... You just sound so different to you on the mic. I guess more so like when you hear a recording of yourself... By which I heard my voice mail message the other day on the phone, man, I sound weird.... Okay anyways, song starts and all the sudden, my throat feels like it's getting tighter and tighter. I can't hit the notes like I normally can and then my legs decided to this retarded shaking thing like leg convulsions or something... Which then lead to my whole body to shake. I then have to sit down at this point (which makes the singing worse) OMG I thought to myself American Idol????I freaken want to try out for American Idol and I can't even sing in front a few people who some were moderately already intoxicated, a place where they had ducky shower curtains for the doors to the stalls (yes you read that right... We now know it as the ducky room)... Just a pause a minute though I must talk about this bathroom.

Okay so I have to pee, I have tried to hold this in for a while because I despise public bathrooms, ESPECIALLY ones at bars! But it had been over an hour now since I had the urge and crossing my legs tightly is no longer working. The only other option was to just let it go and pee on myself which I was not about to do. So I go into the bathroom. First thing you see is these white SHOWER curtains with a duckies in a bubble bath... I am like ooookkkayyy.... Whatever, I have to pee so I will deal with the curtain. I get to the stall which was the SMALLEST stall ever.... My KNEES were TOUCHING the curtains.... I had to hold both sides not to mention when someone walked in because you know what happens when the door opens?????? Guess? Just guess? It BLOWS the curtain! Not really wanting to flash someone while on the toilet (trying to be considerate here) I hold it and pray that when I am done and at the wiping processes NO ONE OPENS THE FREAKEN DOOR to come into the bathroom...

Anyways, so aside from the "ducky room" I sang my song and was terribly disappointed with myself.... sigh... BUT all is not lost... Just made me realise that I need to practice WAY more which means more Karaoke (which I am not opposed too lol).... I swear though if I was that nervous in front of that crowd.... I am afraid of what I will do ON American Idol?????? I think I will pass out or something ever time I set forth on stage (which wouldn't I would assume keep me on the show long LOL).... All in all though I had a great night. Didn't get home until 3 am at which I woke up 30 mins late this morning but still managed to only be 15 mins late to work! Sigh, oh well it was worth it. I haven't been out in 6wks so I needed it even if I am about to fall over this morning in my chair here at work lol.

So if you may please feel free to post you most karaoke experience????

No comments: